Monday, June 24, 2013

Children of the Rainbow - Family of God

Many, many years ago while on vacation with my sisters and their children and their children's children (confused?) on the Big Island of Hawaii, I snapped a picture of my grandnieces and nephews.  After developing my photos and viewing the different races that came into play in those young faces the thought that came to mind was "Children of the Rainbow."  It was then that I decided someday I would do a painting of those children.  Below is my start.  Call me crazy, but I'm looking at it as individual little portraits.  There will be a lot more children in this painting than was in my photograph - in fact, I plan to fill the entire canvas, which is 21-3/4 x 27-3/4 with children's faces.  I intend to take my time with this piece and use photos of my children as well as my nieces and nephews when they were very young - now those children have children and grandchildren of their own.  It has taken me long enough to tackle this one.  I probably will not post for a while on this particular project, but I will post at a stage of much further progress.


I am a little anxious, but excited about doing this.  I could say that if it doesn't work out I can just "dump" the project, however, I'm keeping a positive attitude about it.  Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a project! You are braver than I, Lokelani! But, I am sure you are up to the challenge and this will be a painting to be very proud of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way I look at it Dean, although I really want this to turn out well, it is just a painting. I was just thinking (and I know you would understand this statement) - maybe the Rapture will happen before I can finish. You never know!

      Delete