Monday, April 29, 2019

No Excuses!!

Hi All:

Whoa!! Can't believe that my last post to this blog was August, 2018. The only excuse I have is that I have not been painting. My original intent for this blog was to, besides posting any paintings, I would also post "this and that" about my cultural background. I'm going to try to be more on top of it all, no promises, but will try.

Anyway, here's my latest:

Dave Kalni Forrest

My oldest son, Dave Kalani. He has been gone for a number of years now, and I had never thought to paint his portrait until recently. Maybe the delay was because it would've been painful - I don't know. Although I had moments of deep sadness during the painting process, I was able to complete it (I think it needs a few tweaks) and I feel good about doing it. He was such a sweet young man - handsome, talented both artistically and musically. He did some fine artwork, which now hangs in my home.  Kalani you are so missed!


 
I will try to post something at least once every two weeks.  Mahalo for visiting and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment