Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Messed Up Already!!

Hi Y'all. Well my commitment to post every two weeks has already gone awry! My last posting was in May - at least it was this year. I won't make excuses, I messed up.  However, I do want to get back on the bandwagon and try to do better.

I do have a painting on my easel which I started on May 29th. My son, who is a professional musician plays lead guitar with the mega-popular country music band Alabama. He was in performance when a fan snapped the photo I'm about to post. I found it on Facebook and was so impressed with the impact the photo made, that I decided that I would challenge myself and paint it. It's the largest I've ever done - 30x24. I think it was the way the light fell on him that made the photo so impactful. Anyway, below is that photo.


 
I have done quite a bit on the painting, but it has a ways to go to be considered finished. It definitely has been a challenge, but it has been "fun" to do. I'm not going to post WIP photos, will finish it before I post.
 
So, so long until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment