Friday, January 24, 2020

Jack in the Box

Lately I have been motivated to paint. I went quite a while without putting brush to canvas, but now it's a different story. I just signed my latest, which I have entitled "Jack in the Box." Why that title? Let me post the painting here, then I'll explain.

Jack in the Box
This is Jackson, my grandson. This picture was taken many years ago and I've saved it with the thought of painting it one day. Jackson is soon to be 19 years old and I'm sure this was taken when he was three or four. So cute!!! BTW,the box really did say "First Class Travel for Children." He is now a freshman at MTSU in Murfreesboro taking music classes. He is following in his father's footsteps in the music business. He aspires to be a recording artist. He has written many songs and, with dad's help and expertise, has released a few of his original songs. You can follow him on facebook under Jackson Forrest. I am so very proud of him.
     
Although I signed it,it is not completed to my satisfaction, but to be honest I got tired of fighting to hide the grid lines. I didn't think about that while doing the drawing so had to deal with. I will work on it some more.

I do have another project that I will be working on. I'm anxious to get started on it. It is a portrait of a very special couple, people who have done so much to help me. I wanted to repay their kindnesses, so we agreed on a "commission" of a portrait. I hope and pray I can do them justice.

Well, that's all for now. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment