It has been a few days since I last posted here; however, that doesn’t mean that I haven’t been working on this project. This is where we last left it.
This is what it looks like now. You may ask…”What happened?” I asked myself that when I realized…”OMG, that is all wrong.”
That white splotch in the center is the result of having to remove what was previously there. I was pleased with the faces…but that figure’s body was way out of proportion. It was sitting too tall for the rest of the figures causing it’s torso to be elongated and its upper arm to be hugely long. Prior to removing this area, I had painted in the entire upper body area when I realized what a screw-up I had done. So, I removed as much of the paint as I could with solvent and a rag. Then I scraped, used more solvent and wiped, then scraped some more. I then sketched it back in…surprisingly I think it’s closer to likeness now. That's a plus.
One of the things I’ve learned with this painting is that, even with what you perceive to be a detailed drawing, when it comes to laying in the paint and you are meticulously putting in all the details, that’s when you realize how much you messed up with the drawing. I don't feel bad about that mistake and having to scrape...I read somewhere in one of my art magazines, even great artists have had to make such corrections. I figure I'm in good company.
Aloha for now.