Saturday, January 30, 2010

Progress on David

Thought I would post the progress I’ve made on my David painting. Nearly done with the underpainting. Today I am planning to lay in another layer on the grassy knoll and refine the figure.



I corrected the length of his legs because anatomically they were too short for the figure. I don’t know how I missed that. Fortunately, a Wetcanvas artist noticed and brought it to my attention. David looks more anatomically correct now. Making his legs longer and adding the two lambs in the foreground took care of the “too much negative space” problem that I felt I had. Oh yes, gotta put his sandals on…LOL! Anyway, this is where I am now.

On a different note, over the past couple of days Middle Tennessee has had the most snowfall that I can remember since the first year I moved here. Here are a couple of pictures of this beautiful winter wonderland. I believe the total snowfall in our area is 4". Lovely, but I've had enough cold and winter this year. Anxious for spring to arrive.





























Thank you so much for coming by.

> There are 3 ways you can make a real difference to this blog.
1. Share the link to this site with just one other artist, art collector, or someone who would be interested.
2. Post your thoughts in the Comments section.
3. Email your ideas and/or suggestions on what you would like to read/see more of at lokeforrest@comcast.net

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful face David has and of course I love those little lambs. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress Lokelani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sheila. That sweet face is the face of my 18 yr. old grandson. He was pleasantly surprised to find that I used his features for David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking good. It's fun to see a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krista and Bill...thank you so much for coming by. Still quite a bit to do, but am thoroughly enjoying the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very ambitious project--it is coming along great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Celeste...maybe too ambitious, but I'm forging ahead. Trying to get the pasture area looking somewhat realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good, Lokelani! I like the addition of the two lambs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dean and N.Rhodes Harper...thank you so much. Because I don't ordinarily do landscapes, this piece is a challenge in that I'm trying to incorporate a landscape that shows a realistic distancing.

    ReplyDelete