Monday, August 31, 2009

Yay...I want to paint

After three weeks of not really being inspired or motivated to paint, I have finally "felt" like getting back into it. I'm pretty sure it has been because I haven't been feeling up to par and just lacked the enthusiasm. From time to time; however, the fog lifted enough from my brain to be able to blog.

I have three wonderful grandchildren who will indulge me by letting me take their pictures with the intent of getting a shot that would be perfect to paint. My oldest grandson Kalani (the heaven) is now in college...OMG where has the time gone!! The other two still at home are Kai (ocean) who is eight and Kiana (Hawaiian for Diana) is four. I love their Hawaiian names so I will be using them here. Needless to say, I must have hundreds of photos of them that I think would make wonderful paintings.

Spending the day with my two younger grandchildren a while back, I caught my 8-year old grandson in this great pose. Not a staged shot...just him being engrossed watching TV. I loved his expression and demeanor. He was totally oblivious to the fact that he was being photographed. Kai is a warm, lovable child who loves giving and receiving hugs. I live in an apartment which is an add-on to the main house and he almost always will come by on the way to do his chores to say "good morning Tutu." Kiana is a pistol. Smart beyond her years and has been conversing fluently since she was two, or maybe even earlier. It seems like she has always been speaking in sentences. She is the princess, a beauty with a mind of her own and a strong will. She comes to visit me frequently. Will on many occasions sneak in and try to scare me...she'll accomplish that on every try. I have a photo of her which I will be painting at a later time. I've painted each of them before and will probably continue to use them as subjects.





My mo'opuna (grandchildren) are God's reward. I'm sure all you grandparents out there feel just as I do. A thought I just had...if a woman thought about having children and the responsibilities it entails...playing such a huge role in the outcome of a person's life...we may think twice about becoming a mother. However, on the other side of the coin...with good, nurturing parenting we are rewarded with grandchildren. Hmmmm...come to think of it, for some, even without good, nurturing parenting we are still rewarded with grandchildren. I love being a grandmother.


Anyhow, this project will keep me busy for a while. I will post my progress at major steps. Right now, I am contemplating...OK, where do I start?

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment